Director of Shanghai Office
The Director of Shanghai Office will support comprehensive development of housing projects in East China; secure sustainable financial support for poverty housing alleviation programs in China and cultivate good relationship with government partners. This is a full-time position with standard HFH China benefits. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A. Resource Development
- Focus cultivation on corporations, schools, foundations, high net-worth individuals and community groups.
- Actively build robust pool of prospects. Work closely with resource development team to draft and file contact reports in database.
- Support HFH China leadership in developing resource development/branding strategy and annual plans, including implementation and budgeting.
- Research, writing and editing proposals and relative materials for resource development opportunities or communication support.
- Attend events and representing HFH China to the Shanghai / East China community.
- Coordinate with other Resource Development teams from Habitat International and other Habitat entities in support of initiatives as required by management.
B. Government Relationship
- Actively work with relative government partners such as Civil Affairs Bureau to develop new poverty housing alleviation programs.
- Understand public administrative system and be capable of using field tools such as participatory approach to introduce new programs to community.
- Liaise with external parties such as project partners and donors to develop documents (MOUs, agreements, etc), publications (such as donor reports, HFH internal communications), website & multimedia information, etc.
- Research and analyze relative public policy in areas of poverty alleviation/ Non-profit to strategically support the development of the organization.
C. Office Operation
- Implement and assist in the Standards of Excellence (SOE) assessment of the affiliate.
- Create effective systems and procedures as needed for the office.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation within the office.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proactive and strong leadership skills needed and the desire to grow and develop with the organization;
- Five years of management experience, preferably with the non-profit sector. Some technical understanding and experience of basic construction and house building techniques is a plus;
- Strong communication, public presentation and organizational skills;
- Good command in spoken and written English preferably;
- Must be willing to travel extensively in the countryside including frequent overnight stays and weekends work;
- Sound computer skills;
- University Degree or above.
Interested parties please send full resume with a cover letter, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.